WQMag.com

Has Finished Training You or Not

If you are fortunate enough to have one or more cats in your family,
you know that it seems to be true – cats don't live with you, they “allow” you to reside with them. While cats may be considered domesticated, people who love them know there is a wild streak a mile long in even the most sedate cat. These people also know how smart cats are and how easily an adorable looking little bundle of fur can turn them into weak-kneed servants.

Below are 10 ways you can tell if your cat has completed your training or if she is still working on you:

1. The cuddly creature has planted herself between your ankles during the night. You don’t move the least little bit, even though you are getting those little pinprick needle pains in both legs.
2. The cat is sleeping in your favorite chair so you make do on the lumpy couch.
3. You hear a tiny “meow” in the middle of the night. You jump out of bed to find the little darling and make sure he is okay.
4. It's 2:00 in the morning and you hear your kitty scratching outside the bedroom door. You get up and let her in. Five minutes later, she scratches to get out. You get up and let her out. Repeat.
5. Your cat winds himself around your legs, cries pitifully and acts like he will die if he doesn’t get some food this instant. You open a can of food, put it in his bowl and he ravenously devours it. It's only later that you realize you fed him 10 minutes earlier.
6. You know that fur balls happen. Deal with them.
7. Your cat brings you a present in the form of a dead mouse. You take care of the body, and exclaim, “What a good kitty.”
8. Your cat jumps on your lap and starts kneading your chest while her tiny claws puncture your skin. You feel no pain - only joy. You think, “She likes me. She really likes me!”
9. You get up in the morning the first time your cat knocks something off the headboard onto your head. You don't wait for the second object to hit.
10. Your pantry is full of chunky, salmon flavored cans of cat food because, although your cat loved it the first seven times he had it, he suddenly stopped eating it for no apparent reason.

If you do all of the above, your cat has completed your training. If you are not up to snuff yet, you had better get to it. Cats are a lot of things but being patient is not one of them. What are you waiting for?

by Kristine Schwartzman

Views: 13

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very, very cute. I worship my Chakra.......I laugh from my soul at this almost adult kitten. 11.5 months. If I could, I would get another but, I may never be as fortunate. He goes as far as, I am sound to sleep at 3:00AM, and I wake to something just slapping my face again & again. Or nipping at my face, over and over. He thinks it's time to get up and play.
Chakra is half Maine Coon and around 14lbs. already.

Suzanne Stacy/Suzanne's J.A.P. Service (Private Jeweler)
PS: I work with Sondra and am at the office. It is her picture you are viewing. Our Town America

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Birthdays

© 2024   Created by admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service