WQMag.com

Thanks to all Who Entered...All of the Artwork was Gorgeous!
We have a lot of talent in our area!! Thank you Artists!

Jack Alexander
You've Won a Full Page Artist Profile

You've Won a 1/2 page Artist Profile

Voting has closed for this Contest. Only Votes made on or prior to Sunday September 6,2009 11:59 pm will be counted. You Can Still Vote For Your Favorite in the Backyard Makeover.

Welcome To the Official Voting Page For The Fall Art Contest!

Purpose of this contest:
1) To Help promote Local Artists in Our Area.
2) To have WQ|mag Members help decide the content of our magazine.

Voting Starts Monday August 31,2009 at 12:00am and Runs Until Sunday September 6,2009 11:59 pm. Official Winner Announced Tuesday September 8,2009.
-Please Read Below And Vote For Your Favorite ARTWORK-

Below are the Qualifying 17 Entries For This Contest.
Please View Below and Cast A Vote For Your Favorite In The Reply Box at the Bottom of The Page. You must a be signed in and be a wqmag.com member to vote. Not a member? Join for Free Today! Just Click Here! Cast Vote by Using The Entry number. Entry Number is located right next to the artist's name. Numbers range from 1-17.

VOTING RULES

1) You must be wqmag.com member and be "LOGGED OR SIGNED IN" to see the reply box to vote.

2) Go To The Reply box and Enter The Entry Number of the entry you want to vote on.
Entry Numbers are 1-17 and are located next to the artist's name.

3) Limit one vote per wqmag member per day.

4)Photo With the Most Votes Wins a 3 Month ARTIST Profile Promoting Their Work.
In The Printed WQ|mag Magazine.

****WOW...We Have A Lot Of Talent In Our Area...We Want To Thank All Of You For Entering ...All The Artwork Entries Are Beautiful****

Thank you for participating!
Kim

#1 Toby Thompson
"We" are black and blue from all our battles. "We" have insured for "i",
the individual, the right of self-expression.
Toby Thompson

#2 Christen Loria

CHRISTEN LORIA MOSAICS BY LORIA

#3 Nancy

I paint for the sheer pleasure of it. The process clears my mind and makes me feel pleased with myself. Silent Secret Garden really took me in - a great feeling.

#4 Micole Bredean

This painting is about reaching for the stars,and make your dreams come through acrylic on wood panel,painted in 2009,14x27"

#5 Karen Frimmel
This is a watercolor painting on 300lb. paper, 10" x 14" titled "Heliconia Rostrada" by Karen Frimmel... I find so much peace and inspiration at Selby Gardens.

#6 Jack Alexander
In 1999, I painted this portrait as part of a hands-on healing project at a Leper Community in Bali, Indonesia. Although the left-hand side of the 23-year old subject had been ravaged by leprosy since birth, her right-hand side remained unaffected. The painting captures the remarkable subtleness of beauty on her unmarred side. Miraculously, within 3 months following the completion of the painting, the girl experienced a total reversal of her condition. Research indicates that certain Caucasians possess a body chemical that potentially alters various forms of leprosy. Perhaps this chemical in my body was responsible for this miracle.

Leper Beauty (Acrylic on cardboard, 12 x 20 inches)

#7 Carla Kathryn Cope

"SENSEI"
Concrete Sculpture depicting one of the "Gods and Icons" series. Sensei is the teacher of gratitude and appreciation of all things. Abundance is all around us, if we will only open our eyes to it's beauty and plenty.
Sensei is 34" tall x 6" wide x 26" depth.
Carla Kathryn Cope

#8 Victoria Cooley
This painting is a tribute to my 3 kids who have all moved away to college within the last year. I am retiring the little red wagon and I filled it with flowers to symbolize a new beginning.

#9 Helen Kagan
I believe in the interconnectedness of physical, mental and spiritual. My Art reflects this deep and passionate view on life, and my unending desire to better the World, bridge the realities and heal the past. I believe that Wisdom, Healing, and Love are inevitable ingredients of true Art. My intention is to integrate Expressive Art and Art of Healing. As a healer and an artist I am always looking for ways to communicate the Truth, often on levels not yet understood… I want to share with you this gift of beauty, magic and joy of every unique moment of Here & Now… 'Dance to Life' 2007. Oil, canvas. 40x30

#10 Marlane Wurzbach
Beach Bikes by Marlane Wurzbach of Island Gallery West in Holmes Beach is a 30 x 40 wrapped canvas acrylic of an Anna Maria Island scene.

#11 David White

This is one of a series of "Past Life Portraits". I do an in depth consultaion with my subject to determine their past life, then extensive historical research for background and accessories. When the client is happy with my pencil sketches, I render the portrait in oil on panel. The result is a heirloom quality, poetic rendition of an earlier life. See more portraits on my WQ page.
"Priestess of Avalon"
Oil on masonite, 29" x 25"

#12 Kathryn Ewing
Meet "Molly" - 14x18 Oil on Stretched canvas. Isn't she beautiful! Art is my true passion, and animals are my favorite subjects. The eyes convey so much about the pet. The loyalty, gratitude and unconditional love just shine through. To be able to capture the pet's spirit is extremely rewarding.www.ArtfullyYoursII.com

#13 SATYA Winkelman

"NO BODY'S PERFECT" is the name of this 27 inch Raku sculpture. It is saying that no matter the dents, dimples, or disfigurements on the outside, our inside is smooth and shiny, and that is where we need to go to find self-acceptance. http://guidetotransformation.com/

#14 Carole Stevens Bibisi
"Wistful Mermaid" Original colored pencil rendering and poem by Carole Stevens Bibisi www.artharmonycreations.com">www.artharmonycreations.com

Oh Wistful Mermaid, lady of folklore,
What are you wistfully longing for?
Will you kiss those frogs today?
Maybe you have, but won't say?

Fairy Tales begin, Once upon a time,
Oh mythical headspin, sweet, sublime.
Kissing frogs and handsome Princes'
The happily-ever-after convincers.

Oh lovely green-haired wistful one,
You've been dreaming in Rainbows since time begun.
Dear Wistful Mermaid, I believe in you,
I hope your Fairy Tales all come true.

#15 Kitt Moran
Every morning I wake up to a flood of light coming into my living room. The image gives me such a feeling of comfort and gratitude, I just had to paint it. This is a 16x20 thickly painted oil.
www.kittmoran.com

#16 Beverly Fleming
This is an abstract/realism. I love nature which brings peace and joy as I create it.

#17 Anita Wexler
Going thru the emotions is from my series of florals created from lots of overlapping and lots of exploding color!

Views: 487

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I LOVE #14. Wistful Mermaid for me!
I vote for #12
David White #11
I vote for #12
No 14 is an inspiring piece of art and it certainly deserves my vote.
Hey! Are we still voting? #6, #6, #6. (((Giggles)))
Huh? I thought the voting ended at midnight. Shall we re-invite our friends? #6

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service