WQMag.com

Do you like to blog?

WQ|mag online is looking for official bloggers for our new online women’s networking community. We have 15 Chic Clique Groups and need a blogger for each clique. As a WQ|mag official blogger you will get the the chance to have your voice be heard, participate in WQ|mag events, meet new friends, make new contacts and give advice. If you have an expertise in the following categories and have free time to spend blogging and networking with other women sharing your interest then we are looking for you.

Just in case your asking yourself…what is a blog or blogger? A Blog is a contraction term of the word “web log”. Blogs are regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics and videos. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual called a “blogger”.

We need official bloggers for the following Chic Clicks:

Glamour Girls: Find out what’s hot and what’s not in this clique. Get the latest scoop
on fashion, hair, beauty secrets, and even the latest aesthetic procedures. Learn from
our experts on how to keep up on your fashion flair with the Glamour Girls Chic Clique
Group.

Women at Work: Join this Clique to help build your business and help other business women by sharing your experiences, expertise and business savvy. Our business experts will keep you informed on the latest in business tips and you can promote your business through our targeted promotional opportunities.

Healthy Hotties:
Learn the latest about the health and medical issues that affect you and your family from our local professionals and national columnists. Get healthy and get fit where support and accountability comes from members like you as well as our nutrionalists, trainers and fitness experts.

Chics with Chiclets:
This is the group for all mommies out there. Share with other moms what you have learned by being a mom. Meet other mom’s with kids your age. Get advice from our experts about the million and one things it takes to raise kids these days.
And finally, find about how to keep your sanity through our events and promotions to help mom’s get a break.

Lovebirds:
Get expert advice from our columnists on love and relationships. Share with other women stories that help, encourage and develop healthy partnerships, friendships and relations with family.

Holistic Goddesses:
This group of women likes to get in touch with their inner self.
Mind, body and spirit is the theme of this community where you get to learn about
alternative care, astrology and horoscopes, spiritual and meditational modalities, and conscious living.

Girlz Got Game:
“Bring it on” that’s the theme of this group. Whatever sport you play, you can find women with the same interests in sports as you in this community. Discuss
the latest in pro sports, learn tips on how to master your favorite or create a league, start a tournament or match up and look for games. Have fun chatting about who’s who and who’s got game!

Pet Pal Gals:
Are you an animal lover? Then this is the Chic Clique for you! Join this group and share stories and get advice on anything and everything to do with pets.
Learn all about pet care, activism, breeding, pet fashions and much more.

Domestic Diva:
Do you cook, knit or love interior decorating? This is not your grandmothers quilting club! Get together with women and share ideas and techniques on
everything domestic. Share your favorite recipes and get new ones. Learn from our experts the latest in interior design and remodeling your home. Gather with ladies that enjoy your crafting interests such as quilting, knitting or scrap booking.

Green Girls: Do you want to change the world? Make it a better, cleaner and greener place by starting with yourself. Join the Green Girls Chic Clique and learn ways to conserve, create less waste and teach others to do the same. Share and spread your knowledge of environmentalism and eco-conservatism.

Single Sisters:
Calling all single women! Whether you’re divorced, widowed or just haven’t found the right one; maybe you don’t want to. If your single and lovin’ it this is your clique. Here you can get together and meet new friends. The Single Sisters Clique is a great place share, laugh, cry and party. Join the sisterhood and enjoy the benefits of being single.

Women at Play:
If you’re a woman and you love to have fun add this to your cliques. This clique is the exact opposite of women at work. No seriousness here; work is not part of the plan. View our social calendar and plan your next outing with the girls. Get the latest on clubs, movies reviews and times, sales, nightlife and all social happenings around town. Find out who’s is going to be where and when.

Designing Women:
It’s all about the Art. Painting, sculpting, photography, video and filmmaking, music, graphic design, writing and literature and the list goes on and on.
If you are a female artist this group will help you express yourself and your art. Learn from other artists on techniques and other professionals with articles, videos, photos and discussion forums.

Cha Ching Girls:
Show me the Money! Join this group to understand how money can work for you. Learn the latest on how to invest, save, give and spend from our professionals in the banking and financial world. Get organized, learn how to buy a home, raise your credit score, learn the best way to negotiate buying a car or get involved with philanthropy and learn how to give back to your community.

Silver Foxes:
This community of women shares their years of experience. This is a group of wise seniors. Whether you’re a baby boomer, member of the greatest generation you’re needs met here where you can meet and share with other women your age.
Get the latest information every aspect of retirement, activities and even best discounts around town for senior. Learn how to get the most out of your silver and golden years by joining this group.

Please submit your information and interest to

kimz@wqmag.com

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would love to blog on the Domestic Diva forum. You can visit my website at www.IntuitiveInteriors.net. I can also send you links to a couple of other blogs I write for.

Debbie Bowis
A Forum for the latest on Optimum Health and Weight Loss
Dr. Gerry Davies, owner of Lonjevity Superfood Café & Bar www.lonjevity.net

What’s causing our obesity epidemic?
It’s no secret that the majority of the population is now overweight and the trend is accelerating. The cause of the epidemic is now clear but the association with diabetes means there is a heavy price to pay, in pain and suffering and health care costs of chronic diseases. We are talking about much higher rates of heart attacks, strokes, hypertension, diabetes, many cancers, premature aging and all manner of associated diseases.

The connection between Obesity, Glucose Intolerance, Diabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome:
All these are variations of the same underlying condition and are linked by a common cause.
The metabolic syndrome is abdominal obesity, high blood sugar, disordered blood cholesterol and inflammation.
The skyrocketing incidence of diabetes really started after 1980. By 2005 there were 1.4 million new cases ayear, 18 million Americans had type 2 diabetes and 60 million were estimated to have the metabolic syndrome.
Data from the US FDA show that over the same time frame the per capita food consumption has been increasing as well and particularly high glycemic index (HGI) foods. These are High Fructose Corn Syrup, sugar, White Flour, Potatoes, refined corn and White Rice. By 2000 over 70% of the total 2,757 calories consumed per person each day was in the form of HGI foods.

The speed at which High Glycemic carbohydrates are digested and absorbed into the bloodstream determines how much fat is made and stored in the body.

We use no more than 20 grams per hour of glucose for energy. Put simply, if we eat a high glycemic meal like a large Pepsi, French fries and hamburger we could absorb 200 grams of glucose and what we don’t use for energy will be converted to fat.

The amount of glucose in blood and extracellular fluid is only 10 gm and the average American is putting 500 grams of glucose and fructose into their bodies each day.
A typical fast food meal will result in 250 grams (9 oz) of glucose being rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream and cause a large increase in blood glucose. Excess Glucose is toxic and blood glucose concentration is under tight control by the action of insulin. Most of the glucose must be converted to triglycerides in the liver. Insulin also directs fat deposition in adipose tissue particularly in the liver itself and other parts of the abdomen. Inflammatory fats (Low Density Lipoproteins, LDL) are produced and anti-inflammatory High Density Lipoproteins (HDL) decrease.

To Summarize

1. Obesity, metabolic syndrome, diabetes and their deadly complications are caused by eating and drinking refined carbohydrates which have now become the staple diet of modern industrial societies and provide over 70% of the calories consumed in the US.

What to do to lose weight and maintain your best health?

1. Be a High Glycemic Food detective and eliminate them as much as possible.
2. Instead consume a healing diet with fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, nuts, berries, meat, fish, dairy, eggs etc.
3. Exercise
I am a practitioner of Oriental Medicine which has a premier prevention history. My practice includes nutritional advice from the Oriental Medicine perspective as well as herbal therapies for most of the ills of modern life. I would love to blog about the health benefits (and ease of cooking as well as cost savings) of eating whole foods. the power of herbal medicines as well as offer simple exercises and self massage for prevention.
I am interested in blogging for this publication. My background is in women's hormonal health. My specialty is working with teens and mothers assisting them in understanding how their fluctuating hormones affect their behaviors. I am also a radio talk show host, author and publisher. My first e-book titled: "Understanding Your Mood, Mind and Hormone Cycle" has just been released. More information can be found on my blog at http://holyhormones.com
Attachments:
Hi Kim. I'm a blogger, writing and an artist. Actually, I've been supporting myself with my art for 12 years, so I would be a good role model for other artists in this group. If you still need blogger for the Designing Women category. Let me know. Check out www.heartfulart.com or www.heartfulart.blogspot.com or call me at 941-993-7001. Thx. - Raphaella
Being a strategic marketing communications consultant for small businesses locally (http://www.lindaharrell.com) and an online seller resource for the "handmade" artist community through my http://IndieCEO.blogspot.com blog, I would consider taking on the Women at Work blog.

Keep me posted!
I would love to blog for Healthy Hotties. Being a part of
Plus Wellness 4 Women I have access to a wealth of information that I would be able to share with the group about wellness obtaining it and keeping our bodies as healthy as possible.
I am interrested in blogging for Designing Women. As a silversmith & lapidary (stone cutter) who also works with my husband in the mural/faux painting and art business I could give a unique perspective on what to expect in current colors of fashion and home decor, the metaphysical meanings of differrent stones, and setting yourself free to get into the creative process. I am the jewelry instructor for the Sarasota School Board's ACEC program, and could also do simple "do-it-yourself" blogs on jewelry making and small painting projects. I believe we all have a place of beauty within us which can be explored thru artistic expression, and one of my greatest joys is helping people to find that outlet.
Although it is not listed, I would love to blog on Restaurants, as I am a self proclaimed 'foodie'. I am the organizer for a local 'meet-up' group with an emphasis on dining in and around the SRQ area. I try not to go to the same place twice! So, if you find these types of experiences might be of interest, let me know!
Alyce C
Hi WQ,

Recently, I purchased a foreclosed home. It had a lot of potential but needed a lot of work. I did my homework, or so I thought and got bids for various projects. I hired a series of subcontractors...construction, electrical...a/c...painting...plumbing...landscaping...
sprinklers..just about everyone you can think of. Most of them were wonderful and did a good job but a couple were just plain bad; either they failed to show up on time, made lame excuses or overcharged despite having quoted me an hourly rate.
My suggestion is for WQ to have something like Angie's list were members can praise and pan businesses that deserve commendation or not.

For example: Faith Home Repair Services were great. They showed up on time, worked efficiently and consulted with me every step of the way. Their prices were fair and I would recommened them to anyone. On the other hand, Wragler Sprinkler Company owned by Kenny Wragler, quoted me one price and then sent a bill that more than doubled the original quote. The owner is hard to work with and takes no responsibility for his oral contract. Buyer beware.
Since my home remodel, several neighbors have asked me to refer those I thought were good and I have done so, which gave me the idea to take a referal service to the next level. So, ladies and gentlemen, do you want help in weeding through the masses of potential workers to find the right person for the job?
Elissa Bentsen
www.foreversouls.com
I can provide articles for the Domestic Diva section related to home renovation. We focus specifically on renovation of historic homes, but much of the information can be applied to remodeling homes of any age. We maintain our own blog but can write specifically for this site.
I would love to blog for Domestic Diva's, I have my own cleaning business and can give cleaning tips. I also would like to blog for Single Sisters to give us single gals other options than going "out".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service